Friday, February 26, 2010

AVM design





So I`ve been thinking about references to historical jewelry pieces for my designs, and read a little about historical pieces of various fashions. But really the mere fact that they still exist goes somewhat against my concept of making cheap jewelry decompose. Then i thought about the contrast of expensive diamond colliers (diamonds last forever!) and my decaying gelatin. Here I found though that a good number of those pieces were recycled throughout history to adapt to current styles, which makes sense considering all those precious materials. Really what I had in mind were those pretty yet inexpensive and meaningless pieces of fashion jewelry that are coveted by all, yet treasured by none. I thought if getting my girls to make some bead necklaces for me, but that was going a bit too far, and of course, I treasure all they ever produce....ooops, another topic.
Well, but I found a few of my own old fashion jewelry pieces, not worn in years but somehow dear to me, usually because I remember where they came from. And exactly the kind of stuff that I had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment