Thursday, April 22, 2010

In defense of David

In review today I was questioned about health care for the beautiful, and really this is not what i had in mind. I took the David statue for a number of reasons: one, he was conceived by Michelangelo, who is associated with so many anatomical studies. His image of man in a circle would have been more suitable but more difficult to build a pyramid with. Two, I was looking for an image of a healthy human being, and rather than resorting to drawings common in medical illustrations I chose a historic image. Three, instead of having to define the specifics of the healthy human myself I relied on a renaissance anatomical master to do it for me. The only problem I can see with this is, that he is that little bit too beautiful as a model of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment